Transfer my pensions
Make life easier. Put all your pension savings in one place.Combine your pensions
Did you know…
5 million+ people save with us
Trusted with £15 billion+ of savers’ money
100,000+ employers are with The People’s Pension
No fee to transfer your old pensions
It’s easy – we do the hard workTransfer your pensions
Why 1,000s of people transfer to us every month
- It’s your money for life. It’s easier to manage all your savings in one online account. If you change jobs, you don’t have to stop saving with us.
- Investments matter. Choose from 1 of our 3 investment profiles or self-select. Climate is key – from the mid 2020s we’ll invest all new contributions into net zero investments.
- We give £1 million back to our savers each month. The more you transfer to us, the more you’ll get from our rebate.
Why transfer your pension?
If you’ve worked for more than one employer, chances are you’ll have more than one pension.
But it’s quick and easy to combine your old pensions into your pot with us.
Is transferring right for me?
Although we can’t give financial advice, we’ll do everything we can to help you.
Before you decide, you might want to consider:
- your personal circumstances
- the nature of your other pension arrangements
- whether you’re planning to access your pension savings in the next 5 years1
- whether you could be giving up a guaranteed benefit – like guaranteed annuity rates
- whether the provider you’re transferring from charges.
If you’re a member of The People’s Pension, you can transfer your other pensions into your pot with us. Although it does work in slightly different ways depending on what type of pension(s) you want to transfer in.
For example, if you’re transferring from a ‘defined benefit’ scheme, we’d recommend you read MoneyHelper’s information on transferring out of a defined benefit scheme first.
1Under HMRC rules, if you transfer to us, you might find that you can’t take a pension pot of £10,000 or less all in one go (as a small pot lump sum) if:
- it’s been less than 5 years since you made a transfer in or
- it’s been less than 3 years since you made a transfer out.
And your pension savings with us, plus any related pension scheme you’re a member of, are £10,000 or less.
If you’re unsure about transferring, it’s a good idea to get guidance and advice.
Are you an employer or adviser?
Check out our other transfer-related webpage on switching pension providers and consolidation.