How cookies benefit us
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this.
Website function cookies
Our own cookies
- remembering your search settings
- allowing you to add comments to our site.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social website cookies
So you can easily ‘Like’ or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
We use: Google Analytics
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
You can change the settings on your browser so you will be given a warning before cookies are used, along with the option to use them or not. You can disable cookies as follows:
- Go to the Tools menu then select Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Move the slider to the top, the display will read ‘Block all cookies’
- Click OK
- Go to the Tools menu then select Options
- Click on the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies
- Remove the tick from ‘Allow sites to set cookies’
- Click OK
If you choose to disable our cookies, you will not be able to log in to your online account.