These are our terms for your use of our UK social media community, which includes comments and uploads on bandce.co.uk, thepeoplespension.co.uk, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. We call this our ‘Community’.
When and how our terms apply
‘We’ means B&CE Holdings Limited (B&CE).
The independent terms that apply to social networks, such as Facebook or Twitter apply to their platforms also impact on our own social media profiles that they host. We recommend you read those terms and policies before taking part in the relevant section of our Community. We don’t have any liability associated with your use of those social networks, or for your failure to read or comply with their own terms, conditions and policies. It may happen that there is a conflict between our terms and the relevant social network’s terms and conditions. If so, the social network’s terms and conditions will prevail as far as they relate to our profile on that network.
Our monitoring of the Community
We encourage you to share content via our Community in line with our terms. We call this shared content your ‘Contribution’. To help us do that, we try to monitor the Community during normal UK business hours (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays). We try to check that all submissions to our Community comply with our acceptable use standards, which are shown below, as soon as reasonably possible after publication.
We can’t guarantee that all Contributions will be published or how quickly.
It may happen that in our opinion an individual uses our Community in breach of our terms (including our acceptable use standards). If so, we may remove or disable access to any Contribution. We may also terminate, suspend or change the conditions of their access to our Community without warning. We may bring legal proceedings against an individual for breaching our terms or take any other action we reasonably think is appropriate.
We have no liability for any loss or damage arising from someone’s use of the Community in breach of our terms.
We try to moderate our Community, but we are not legally responsible for any material posted by third parties. We may stop or suspend our moderation of the Community at any time.
- The views or opinions expressed by any individual in our Community are theirs alone. Clearly, they may not reflect our views.
- No-one should rely on financial or other advice or information posted to our Community. We have no liability or responsibility if a user of our Community, or anyone else who finds out about it, decides to rely on what they read or hear.
- No-one should regard advice or information posted to our Community as true or correct. It is up to individual users to check whether any advice or information is valid before relying on it – especially if the consequences of doing so could be serious.
- Sometimes we automatically ‘follow back’ users who follow our profiles in the Community. A follow-back is not an endorsement. The same applies to re-tweeting or sharing messages posted on accounts that we do not own, or marking them as ‘favourites’, or otherwise sharing information on a different platform.
Our Community is intended for use by individuals aged 13 years or older. Minors (children aged 12 or under) must get their parent or carer’s permission before using our Community. We recommend that parents who allow their children to use our Community discuss online safety with them first and that parents try to monitor any use of our Community.
Minors should also be given guidance on how to use our Community safely and in a way that complies with our terms.
Our ‘acceptable use standards’
We want to create an open, caring and respectful Community. To help us do this, you agree that your use of our Community and your Contributions must:
- be accurate and genuinely believed by you
- avoid quoting out of context and include a credit for any original author as the source of material
- comply with all relevant domestic, foreign and international laws that govern the content that makes up the Contribution.
You also agree that your use of our Community and Contributions will not:
- be defamatory, unlawful, obscene, offensive, hateful, abusive, inflammatory, threatening, invasive of anyone’s privacy.
- promote discrimination on grounds of race, sex, age, nationality, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation or being a transsexual person
- infringe any intellectual property rights including copyright, design right, database right, patents, trade mark, moral or performer’s right, or any other third-party right
- be likely to harass, upset, alarm or cause distress to any other person
- contain instructions, advice or content that could harm or injure individuals, computers or systems
- encourage anyone to commit or assist any unlawful or criminal act or condone any unlawful or criminal act
- give the false impression that the Contribution comes from us (or any of our group companies), or impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or your affiliation with any person
- contain any advertising
- disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data regarding any other individual
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
Whenever you upload material to our Community or contact its other users, you must comply with our acceptable use standards. You promise that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us (fully protect us against loss) for any breach of that promise. This means you are responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of the relevant breach.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site defames them, violates their intellectual property rights, or violates their right to privacy.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or the accuracy of any materials that you or any other user of our Community post.
By submitting a Contribution to our Community, you agree to give us a non-exclusive perpetual copyright licence to use that Contribution for any purpose.
‘Non-exclusive’ means you may still use it, too. ‘Perpetual’ means forever.
You also agree to waive your moral rights in or regarding that Contribution. You will still own your copyright in your Contribution, but we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish, disclose or distribute the material in your Contribution in any format and media and for any purpose.
The licence you give us will be free of charge and we may sub-license it. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material. B&CE reserves the right to display advertisements regarding your Contribution.
A ‘jurisdiction’ means, for example, an area governed by a particular set of laws, like England and Wales.
Please also note that, in line with our acceptable use standards, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any person’s copyright, database right or trade mark. By submitting your Contribution to our Community, you promise you have the right to grant us the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you’re unable to grant us such a licence, please do not submit the Contribution to our Community.
Before contributing, you may be required to register with our Community, for example by completing a registration form. In some cases, your name or other personal details will appear as part of your Contribution when published. If we require you to submit personal data directly to us during any registration process, we’ll use it only for administration and monitoring. We’ll only share it with third parties if we notified you of our intention or we are legally obliged to do so.
Our privacy and cookies policies give more information on how our use and disclosure of your personal data is governed.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Community, please contact us on twitter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When you submit a complaint, please outline the reason for your complaint, and specify where we can find the Contribution concerned.
We may ask you for more information about any complaint regarding a Contribution before we process it. We’ll then review the relevant Contribution and decide whether it complies with our acceptable use standards (shown above). We’ll deal with any Contribution that, in our opinion, violates those standards. We’ll inform you of the review’s outcome within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Changes to our terms
We may revise our terms at any time. You’re expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you and apply to you from the date of the change. You agree to accept and comply with changes to our terms if you use our Community after we’ve made the changes.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Our terms are governed by and interpreted in line with English law. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with our terms.
If a court decides that any part of our terms is unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable, then the rest of them will remain valid and enforceable.