To get the most from your pension when you retire – now more than ever – it pays to think ahead. Planning your retirement is one of life’s big decisions, so don’t put it off!
Take a look through the things you need to consider as you approach retirement.
In this section…
- When can you take your money? »
Find out when your State Pension and your employer/personal pensions are available to you
- When and how do you want to retire? »
You can access your pension savings from age 55 (or 57 from 2028), but leaving your pension to grow until you’re older may mean you’re better off in the future
- How much will you need to live on? »
We help you work out how much income you’ll need to pay for the retirement you want
- Will you have enough retirement income? »
Add up your total income from personal and employer pensions, the State Pension and any savings you have
- Other ways to boost your retirement income »
How to generate extra income before you retire