To provide us with missing NI numbers for your employees you should follow the steps below:
- Log into your Online Services account.
- From your account home page, select ‘Manage employee details’. We’ll show you a list of your employees – we’ll highlight employees with missing details with a .
- If you have just a few employees, click ‘select’ beside their name. You’ll then be able to add their NI number.
- If you have lots of employees you’ll find it easier to download a list of your employees. Click ‘Download results’ from the top right of your screen. The list will include current employees as well as any that have left the scheme in the last 12 months.
- Then sort and filter your results by NI number in Excel – this will help you identify any employees we need an NI number for.
- Use the search function on the employee details page within Online Services to find an employee and add their NI number.
- If you use payroll software, don’t forget to update your employee’s NI number there too.
You can email us at email@example.com if you need help.