To provide us with missing NI numbers for your employees you should follow the steps below:
- Log into your Online Services account.
- From your account home page, select ‘Manage employee details’.
- If you have just a few employees, click ‘select’ beside their name. You’ll then be able to add their NI number.
- If you have lots of employees, you’ll find it easier to download a list of them. Click ‘Download results’ from the top right of your screen. The list will include current employees as well as any that have left the scheme in the last 12 months.
- Then sort and filter your results by NI number in Excel – this’ll help you identify any employees we need an NI number for.
- Use the search function on the employee details page within Online Services to find an employee and add their NI number.
If you use payroll software, don’t forget to update your employee’s NI number there too.
You can get in touch if you need help.