How do I claim my pension pot as a small cash lump sum?

Provided you’re aged 55 or over, you can do this with The People’s Pension by:

  • completing the risk questions on a paper claim form
  • completing the risk questions on an online claim form – you’ll need to log in to your Online Account and select the Claims tab
  • calling us on 0300 2000 555 – we’ll complete your form over the phone with you. You’ll need to ensure that we have your correct address.

You need to complete all risk questions, then sign and return the form to us.

We also need:

  • evidence of your identity eg current passport or current driving licence; and
  • evidence of your bank details.

All contributions into your pot must stop before a small pot lump sum can be claimed – you must be deemed to have left the pension scheme.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more

 Members 64 people found this helpful