Can I claim a small pot lump sum if contributions are still being paid by my employer?

Before you’re able to claim your money as a small pot lump sum, all contributions into your pension pot must have stopped.

You’ll need to let your employer know you’d like to leave the pension scheme before you start claiming your pension. We won’t be able to begin a claim until contributions have stopped and your employer has confirmed you’ve left the pension scheme and no contributions are due.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more

 Members 121 people found this helpful