The automatic enrolment obligations are set out in legislation and The Pensions Regulator is responsible for ensuring that employers don’t break the law.
- encourage or force you to opt out of the scheme
- unfairly dismiss or discriminate against you for staying in a workplace pension scheme
- imply someone’s more likely to get a job if they choose to opt out of the pension scheme
- close a workplace pension scheme without automatically enrolling all members into another one
- pay less than the minimum required by law.
If you’re concerned about the way your employer is dealing with automatic enrolment or managing your workplace pension, you can contact The Pensions Regulator.