Payments haven’t been made to my workplace pension scheme. What do I do?

If your employer hasn’t:

  • made the payment to your pension scheme that they’re required to make, or
  • passed the contribution deducted from your salary to your pension scheme.

If your employer is behind with payments, we’ll initially get in touch with them to let them know that a payment is overdue.  If payments are more than 90 days late after the due date (this is the 22nd of the following month after contributions have been deducted from their salary), we’ll report this as a breach to The Pensions Regulator, and we’ll write to both you and your employer to inform you of this.

If you’re concerned, the most effective step is to discuss your concerns with your employer. If this is unsuccessful, you can anonymously report your employer to The Pensions Regulator through its whistleblowing service.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more

 Members 463 people found this helpful