Depending on what your ex-spouse decides, we can either set up a personal account with The People’s Pension which will belong to your ex-spouse in his/her own right; or half of your pot can be transferred externally to another provider. The amount your ex-spouse receives is known as a ‘pension credit’.
- confirmation of your ex-spouse’s full name and names of which he/she has previously been known
- copy of the decree absolute
- his/her current driving licence, or current passport
- proof of his/her current address (such as a gas or electricity bill)
- your ex-spouse’s National Insurance number.
If the pension credit is being transferred externally, we also need:
- the full name of the receiving scheme
- the name of a contact and their phone number
- the policy number of the scheme (if you know it).