If I want to use carry forward to pay a contribution, what forms do I need to complete and do I need to notify HM Revenue & Customs?

You don’t need to use a special form or tell HM Revenue & Customs in advance if you want to use carry forward. If contributions fall within the annual allowance plus carry forward allowances, you won’t need to report anything via a Self-Assessment tax return either.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more

 Members 158 people found this helpful