Do you check whether an entitled worker has previously joined the scheme but subsequently ceased contributing?

No. It’s the employer’s responsibility to check whether an employee has previously been enrolled.

If this is within the last 12 months the employer can decline the employee’s request to join the scheme again.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more