I’ve confirmed on your claim form I’m a controlling director of an employer using The People’s Pension, or connected to such a person. Can I claim a small cash lump sum?

Anyone who is a controlling director (or connected to a controlling director) of an employer using The People’s Pension can’t take a small pot lump sum. HM Revenue & Customs state that the member has to be at ‘arm’s length’ from any sponsoring employer of the scheme paying the small lump sum.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more

 Members 9 people found this helpful