Uncrystallised funds pension lump sums (UFPLS)

This is HMRC’s rather technical term for taking your pension savings in lump sums (see above for our definition of uncrystallised…).

We just call these flexible lump sums – because you can get your pension savings either in one go, or in smaller payments over time. Some people in the pensions industry call them ‘flumps’… but we’re not sure we’d go that far!