A casual term the pensions industry has come up with to describe what HMRC calls ‘uncrystallised funds pension lump sums’. (We call them flexible lump sums.)

Easy to see why they wanted a simpler term. ‘Flumps’ just makes us hungry though – or reminds us of old children’s TV shows.

We’ll stick with flexible lump sums.