We use an agent, can they deal with this/claim JRS on our behalf?

If you use an agent who is authorised to act for you for PAYE purposes, they’ll be able to make a claim on your behalf.

However, if you use a file only agent (who files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you on any other matters) they won’t be authorised to make a claim for you ­– so you’ll need to make the claim yourself.  Your file only agent can assist you in obtaining the information you need to claim.

More information about JRS can be found on the government’s website where you can find a step-by-step guide to claiming your employees’ wages.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more

2 people found this helpful