If I claim a partial flexible lump sum (UFPLS), can I still transfer other pension savings to my pot?

Yes, you can claim a partial lump sum (UFPLS) and still transfer in uncrystallised benefits from another provider (note we cannot accept a transfer in of crystallised benefits). However, if you want to pay in further personal contributions, you’ll only get tax relief on payments in up to the reduced money purchase annual allowance (MPAA) of £4,000 (2021/22 tax year). This is because your annual allowance will be reduced after claiming a partial lump sum.

Find out more about taking your tax-free cash gradually with The People’s Pension by taking a lump sum.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more

 Members 5 people found this helpful