Can I still pay into the scheme if I move overseas?


Yes, you can receive tax relief on contributions up to £3,600 a year gross for 5 tax years after leaving the UK.

It’s important you inform us of your circumstances so that we know when to stop adding tax relief to your pot. Please note these contributions must come from a UK bank account.

Please note that the pension schemes located in one EU (or EEA) state (the home state) need to apply for authorisation and approval to accept contributions from members who are subject to the social and labour law of another EU state (the host state) unless they’ve been seconded.

The People’s Pension isn’t compatible with regulations in the other EU states, which means The People’s Pension isn’t authorised and approved to accept contributions in respect of European members unless they are on secondment. Under Rule 7.2 of The People’s Pension, where a member who becomes subject to the cross-border regulations is deemed to have left membership on the day before they became subject to them. The admission policy is designed to prevent The People’s Pension becoming subject to the cross-border regulations.

Was this article helpful?

Please score it so we can improve and offer you more

 Members 9 people found this helpful