How we can help you
We know there’s a lot of gobbledegook in pensions, so we’ll keep it as simple as possible
- We’ll help you figure out exactly what you need to do to meet the government’s regulations.
- We have online help and support, resources galore, plus help buttons and webchat when you sign up.
- Our award-winning UK contact centre is now open longer to help you if you need to talk to someone.
- You can get your employee details to us easily, however you manage your payroll.
- And our pension scheme can be set up so even low earning employees get tax relief.
What you have to do
Do you employ at least one person?
If so you have a legal duty to offer a pension scheme that can be used for automatic enrolment (The People’s Pension is one of these!)
- You’ll have to put certain employees into that pension scheme automatically – then you’ll need to pay into their pension pots.
- And you’ll need to let your other employees know they can join too if they’d like to.
When do you have to do this?
If you had a PAYE scheme before 30 September 2017, you’ll have what’s known as a ‘staging date’ – which is when your pension scheme needs to be ready if you have employees to enrol.
If you’re employing a member of staff for the first time on or after 1 October 2017, you’ll need to start meeting your automatic enrolment duties immediately.
Why choose us?
We have the experience to support you
- UK’s largest private-sector automatic enrolment pension scheme
- Over 3 million members
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Friendly UK contact teams who are just a phone call away
See more good reasons in our 2 min video
2 ways to sign up
1 – Simply Comply
We complete as much of your account set-up as possible so you can get on with running your business. As long as you pay your employees weekly or monthly, with Simply Comply you can meet the minimum regulations in just a few minutes (watch our video to see how).
2 – Simply Tailor
A full choice of set-up options that allows you to create a tailored solution. For starters, you can add subsidiary companies, vary the amounts paid in for different employees, and you can delay putting certain employees into a pension scheme (known as postponement).
Not sure which route to choose?
Use our sign-up checklist to compare the two routes and to gather the details you’ll need to get started.
One-off sign-up charge
There’s just a one-off set-up charge – and that’s it!
So unlike some of the pension space cowboys out there, you won’t get any unwanted surprises later with us.
- You get all our set-up and ongoing support for just one payment of £500 + VAT.
- Or you can get a reduced charge of £300 + VAT if you sign up through a business adviser.
And that’s all you pay
With us what you see is what you get – so no monthly or hidden charges mounting up over the years!
Lots of handy resources
Want to know the details? Read through our quick guide:
Not sure what this all means?
Sit back for a few minutes and watch some of our videos:
See what other employers are saying
Over 72,000 businesses large and small have chosen us already. Some of our more well-known customers include Marriott UK, Wilko Retail, JD Sports and Pret a Manger – though our complete pension solution has been created for businesses of all sizes.
"Signing up to The People’s Pension was really easy and I whizzed through it."
"I’d recommend The People’s Pension to other businesses because it’s straightforward, trustworthy and gives added value."
"When I’ve needed to contact The People’s Pension the support was helpful and knowledgeable."
"The support given by The People’s Pension is second to none. If I’ve got a query, it’s usually sorted in minutes."
"I’d definitely recommend The People’s Pension because it’s an easy portal to upload data into and they’ve got good customer support staff."
What you do to get started
Get a personalised list of what you need to do
We can give you a personalised list of what you need to do to get started and how we can support you in managing your pension scheme over time. Just let us know when your staging or duties start date is and we’ll get cracking.
Sign up to get started
And if you’re ready to sign up, use our sign-up checklist to decide which sign-up route to choose, and to make sure you have all the details you need.