All your choices at retirement
Your pension pot doesn’t automatically turn into a regular income or get sent to you as a lump sum.
You need to tell us how you want to take your money – and there’s a few different ways to choose from.
Take a look through all your choices at retirement.
In this section…
- Your retirement options at a glance »
A quick at-a-glance summary of all of your options to get you started.
- Compare your retirement options »
Find out as much as you can about your options, before you decide how to take your pension savings.
- Mixing your options »
You don’t have to choose just one option…
- How your pension savings are taxed »
It’s important to understand the tax implications of taking your pension savings.
- What happens to your pension savings when you die? »
What happens to your pension savings when you die depends on how you’ve chosen to access them.
- Going to continue working or contributing into a pension? »
The rules around how you save into your pension might change once you start to take your money.
- Your guidance and advice options »
Find out where you can get help with understanding and choosing between your retirement options.